Wow, two years since I wrote my very first blog post! And, just like that, the end of December marked my two-year Blogiversary!
Let me just say this first, even as I write this, I am apprehensive about sharing my feelings. Mainly because I feel deeply about most things and I’m not very good at putting them into words.
I know kinda strange for a blogger, someone who writes for a living and maybe even over shares for some? I dunno it is strange but it’s because I always want to say the right thing.
When I write about myself its one thing but when I write about my children I am cautious. As a third-time girl mama, I take my role as mama bear very seriously and I never want to share anything that could potentially harm them. This is difficult sometimes and poses some challenges for me but I have to look at the bigger picture.
Hopefully, I will never hear one of my daughters say I hurt them because of something I published. My two oldest are still young at seven and six and the most they complain about is all the pictures I like to take! 😂😂
Since, I began this blog my focus has always been and still is to be genuine, truthful, and heartfelt about the things I share. My family is my first priority and sometimes it means blogging life gets put on hold. Honestly, I don’t always like this and I wish I could do it all. Blog fulltime and be Supermom!
So, what have I learned in the last two years?
Well, quite a lot. Like anything in life, it has been good and bad.
- I am a creative, always have been and always will be. Being creative is my happy place.
- Photography has quickly become a passion and I so enjoy learning more and more about taking great pictures!
- Blogging is like journaling in a lot of ways and I have learned so much more about myself and my lil’ family.
- Collaborations. Now, this is not why I started blogging, but it is a lot of fun working with companies and I pride myself on working with ones I love!
- Learning it’s not about me it’s about others. (I know it’s a good one tho.😉)
- Making new friends!
- Hearing someone say they read a blog post and loved it.
- I have gained more confidence and feel so much more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Time is not always on my side to write or curate a post.
- SEO. Stands for search engine optimization and it helps to improve your google rating but often is a thorn in my side!
- Analytics and social media and feeling less than.
- Comparison, thinking the grass is greener on the other side!
As you can see, the good far outweighs the bad which is why I will keep going. Thank you so much for all of you that follow along, it means the world to me. If there is something you would like me to write about please drop me a line in the comments.