I recently met a new friend who is also pregnant with her third child and I think she said it best when she said, “pregnancy isn’t really my thing!” This is how I feel right from the beginning. I mean this isn’t my first rodeo this will be my third child, but this pregnancy has been the hardest for sure. So I have compiled a little survival guide for you mamas out there who might still be in their first trimester. I hope this offers some wisdom and hopefully a little relief too.
I am getting ready to enter my second trimester at the end of this week, thank you sweet Jesus. I am praying I will be able to put the nausea and headaches behind me for good. I found out I was pregnant at just about 5 weeks. Totally the “typical” I thought I was getting my period and then two little lines later scenario that happened with all my pregnancies.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who keeps that sweet little pee stick for a few months? I don’t know what it is, but I did this with Clara and Luci too. I store it back in its box and tuck under my bathroom sink and every now and again like to peek at it. I think I just love holding onto that amazing feeling for a while because it is so incredibly amazing.
Morning sickness and mid day nausea are no joke and is still with me at 12 weeks. One of the best remedies for me in the first few weeks were saltines and believe me I don’t want to see or taste them for a long time now! I also try to eat a high protein diet during my pregnancies. I don’t normally eat peanut butter because it drys out my skin and scalp, but I need the protein first thing on most mornings and this goes down easy too. I recently switched to Trader Joe’s almond butter that I highly recommend giving a try also.
Here is my personal 1st Trimester survival guide…
- La Croix or anything with bubbles like this really helped lessen the bloat in the first few weeks.
- Mentioned the saltines and yes I’m still finding crumbs from eating these in bed in the morning.
- Ginger chews, great to have on hand throughout the day to calm a queasy stomach.
- Careful candles, great etsy shop and amazing candles love this one!
- Preggle pillow, bought this with my second pregnancy and I’m using it again. You can move it around and offers great support between your legs for a better sleep.
- Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair because besides wrinkles I like to take really good care of my face. I tend to get extra pigmentation on my face during pregnancy and this helps to protect me plus it smells amazing!
- Iced coffee because the thought of hot grosses me out! I make mine with our Nespresso machine, but I noticed Trader Joe’s offers this ready to go cold brew. I really like drinking my coffee this way because I drink it much slower and I don’t feel jittery.
- Plain organic instant oatmeal, again I literally needed to eat first thing so super easy and oatmeal is high in protein and stays down well.
- Dry roasted almonds, One of my favorite snacks to keep with me at all times.